June 7, 2018
Members and friends!
There is a lot of activity around here lately! Yesterday, Bernie Hoy and Bill Chambers kicked me out of my office and put a fresh coat of paint on the walls in preparation for Pastor Rob to occupy the space. Last Saturday, Bruce Bedtelyon, Bruce Hayward and Bernie Hoy moved the parsonage garage to make way for the new two car garage being built for the parsonage. Today, Bernie Hoy and Bruce Hayward are moving the shed. As I write Bill Chambers, Perry Zuhlke and Jim Cody are installing a new water heater in the parsonage to replace the leaking one that was installed in 1995. The concrete contractor was in the office today checking out our blueprints in order to draw building permits for the slabs for the one car garage being moved to the southeast corner off the parking lot and the new garage being built next to the parsonage. The tree next to the utility pole is also being cut down. The trustees are doing an awesome job in preparation for the changes to come. Kudos to these folks who really are working hard to provide a warm welcome for the Nystrom family.
That said, they are also asking for your help to get the parsonage ready; the Nystrom’s planned move in date is Thursday June 14th. Here’s what they need to make the home ready:
- clean out the eaves troughs
- trim bushes
- weed flower bed
- clean windows inside and out
- patch dings and cracks and put a fresh coat of white paint on the interior walls
Ann Wright, the Trustee’s Chair, writes:
“The trustees will also be making other structural and mechanical repairs. Financial gifts to the improvement fund would be greatly appreciated. If you are able to volunteer to exterior projects, feel free to jump in and make it happen. To volunteer, for interior work please check with a trustee so we can coordinate activities. THANK YOU. Your 2018 Board of Trustees: Bruce Bedtelyon, Bill Chambers, Jim Cody, Bruce Hayward, Bernie Hoy, Don Kemp, April Nahgahgwon, Ann Wright and Perry Zuhlke”
Aside from the preparations for Pastor Rob and his family, there are some additional happenings about which to be aware:
- This Sunday will be full. In the early service, we are celebrating the confirmation of Lakin Weitzel and Olivia Erwin in the early service as well as celebrating Olivia’s graduation from high school.
- Please also bring your results from the Parable of the Talents experience. We’ll be collecting those offerings in both services and announcing results the following Sunday.
- We’ll also be sharing communion together.
- June 17th will be my last Sunday. A reminder that we’ll only have one service that day at 11:15 a.m. with a retirement celebration meal to follow that service for which I want to thank the team that has been working hard to put it all together. I’m looking forward to it and appreciate the “whisperings” I’ve picked up about what might be happening. Should be fun and I hope you can attend.
In all of this, I’m reminded of the conviction in the book of Acts preached by Paul to the Athenian audience: ‘In him we live and move and have our being’ (Acts 17:28). So it is in the midst of inevitable changes along the way, God is present in every moment, in every place. It was true then and it’s true now. Ours is the task to trust that it is so even as we experience discomfort with change.
God be with you!