Are you looking for a place to belong?
Why not try out one of our groups:
- Covenant Class – Meets in the Parlor area located in rear of the sanctuary of the church, the teacher is Bud. The class is a mixture of men and women of all ages. Everyone is welcome to join at any time.
- “Girl Friends” Group – Meets in room 7, downstairs at AUMC, the teachers are Tamara & Janet. Women of all ages are welcome! The goal is to learn about living a Christian life of faith, nurturing of Christian friendships in a supportive environment while having fun learning. Women are welcome to join at any time.
- Joy Class – Meets in room 6, downstairs at AUMC, the teacher is Clayton. The Joy class is mixed group made up of both male and female and focus on bible studies. Everyone is welcome to join at any time.
Mission Oriented Groups:
- United Methodist Women– a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church. Circles meet:
General Meetings: 2nd Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. at the church.
Martha Esther Circle meets on the 4th Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at the church Fellowship Hall
Mary Ruth Hope Circle meets on the 4th Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. in the church Fellowship Hall.
- Prayer Shaw Ministry-Meets on the first Thursday of each month at 1:00 p.m. in the church parlor to knit and crochet prayer shawls. For those who knit or crochet or willing to learn. Prayer Shawls are then given to members and friends of the church who may be in need of extra prayer and comfort.
- United Methodist Men – A community of men that gathers to help men grow in Christ, so others may know Christ. At AUMC they host the annual Easter Breakfast with all fund raised going to support their Community Garden project. Growing vegetables to share with the community. The UMW meets on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the church, usually in rm. 6, downstairs. Contact: Jim Cody
- Midwest Mission Distribution Center Sewing Group – 3rd Wednesday of each month (Except June, July, August & December) 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. This group makes clothing, diapers and many other items that are distributed through the Midwest Mission Distribution Center in Indiana. Meeting in room 11 downstairs. Sewing machines are provided.
- Auburn Community Food Pantry – A group of people from Auburn UMC and the community that service the needs of those that need help providing food for their families. Using donations, they provide food baskets for Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas and throughout the year they provide 5 days of meals for those that apply through the referral service 211 connect.
- One Week One Street – A yearly local mission project in east Saginaw providing an opportunity for Great Lakes Bay Churches and other organizations to respond to the call to “love our Neighbors as ourselves”. This is accomplished by painting homes, clearing brush, landscaping yards, repairing porchers and other minor exterior home repairs. Adults and youth group are encouraged to come and demonstrate God’s love. Event usually takes place the last week in June.
Music Oriented Groups:
- Choir – Sing at our 8:45 am traditional service. Practices are on Thursday evenings at 6:30 pm from September – May.
- Praise Band – Sing or play an instrument at our 11:15 am contemporary service. Practices are at 6:30 pm on Wednesday evenings all year long.
- Hand Bells – Special services. Practices vary.
- Special Music – Have a musical talent? During the summers we give the choir a break and give you an opportunity to share your talents at the 8:45 am service. Play an instrument or sing a song.
Contact Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining any of our music groups.